Sunday, January 18, 2009

Off to the Inauguration!!!


Just a few hours ago, my father and I made our way into Washington DC. It's hard to believe that the day is nearly upon us. But even more surreal is the fact that I will be sharing this moment with my father. 

My father once told me a story about an incident that occurred in his youth. He told me that once while walking down the sidewalk on 88th and Hough in Cleveland, when he was 8 years old, a white man spat in his face. In that moment, facing the reality of his own powerlessness, all he was able to do was cry. Given the time and the period, the story is not entirely remarkable, except for the fact that he can so vividly recall the moments and the feelings all these years later.

As much as Obama's inauguration means to me, I can not fully fathom what it must mean to him. I can't imagine how this spectacle would appear to eyes that had seen so much... In 2 days time, the tortoise will finally outpace the hare; and my father and I will both be there to see it...


wibiya widget


About This Blog

About This Blog

Jung/Myers Briggs

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.
Free Jung Personality Test (similar to Myers-Briggs/MBTI)

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP